Cardiff
0% [ 0 ]
Zzyxz Rd.
0% [ 0 ]
Всего голосов: 12
#1 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Оф. сайт: http://www.stonesour.com
Страна: США
Cтиль - new metal, но как говорят сами музыканты, эмоциональные рок.
Альбомы: (из известных мне)
- 2002 - Stone Sour
- 2006 - Come What(ever) May

Нарытая статья:
Цитата:
Группа была образована в 1992ом году Кори Тэйлором и барабанщиком Джоилэм Икменэм. Скоро после образования к ним присоединился старый друг Кори – Шон Экономаки. Без какой либо материальной поддержки и без лейбла группа вместо того чтобы писать песни, играла в клубах, меняя гитаристов одного за другим, некоторых даже после 1го шоу. А та группа которую мы видим щас сформировалась в 1995 году, когда гитарист Джим Рут – который позже вместе с Кори присоединится к Slipknot – нашёл путь попрактиковаться. Это был начальный момент формирования группы… 5 лет Stone Sour играли неплохой Hard Rock, Killer Melody, Emotional Peaks и Valleys. Но в 1997 году всё рухнуло, Кори покинул Stone Sour, чтобы присоединиться к Slipknot, оставив других участников группы на произвол судьбы. Джоил обзавёлся семьёй, в то время когда Джим через год после Кори присоединился к Slipknot. Шон стал продюсером группы Knot… Вот так и закончилась бы история Stone Sour если бы не… Джордж Рэнд. В 2000 году гитарист Джордж Рэнд, ещё один старый друг Кори и создатель старого состава Stone Sour, показал Кори несколько песен, над которыми он работал. Полтора года они работали в студии над тем что, в конце концов, станет Stone Sour. После завершения работы, для того чтобы записать качественный альбом, им надо было собрать прежний состав Stone Sour. После 6 лет со времени их последнего шоу группа вся вместе собралась в Дес Моинсе. После этого группа задалась вопросом о названии… были разные идеи (Project X, Superego, Closure), но решение пришло быстро. С группой, члены которой вместе играли уже не один год вместе, только одно приходило в голову – Stone Sour вернулись.

Что думаете о группе, песнях, лирике, вокале?

P.S. Опрос анонимный.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ну, а теперь от себя Smile

Группа - супер (отражено в названии)
Песни - эмоциональны, в тему (вся лирика приводит меня в восторг)
Вокал - идеально подходит

Да, и еще, если кому-нибудь нужно, могу подкинуть песняк в формате GTP.

Добавлено спустя 3 минуты 21 секунду:

А также лирику к песням с последнего альбома.

Насчет любимой песни - для меня проще раставить им приоритеты, чем однозначно сказать какая лучше.

Выбрал "Кам вотэве мэй", поскольку с Богом так еще никто не разговаривал. Респект Smile
#2 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Выбрал Reborn, ИМХО, ураган!!! Rolleyes#2 А так, весь альбом классный + бонус треки со Special Edition. Smile У кого-нибудь есть текст The Frozen, если можно, с переводом? Просто лирики этой песни нет на буклете с CW(e)M [SE]. Сходу не разберу, Английский не до такой степени знаю, а узнать что там Корян после Omeg'и придумал интересно. Very Happy
#3 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Два вопроса:

1. Какие вообще песни на Special Edition?

2. Что такое Omega?
#4 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Mне нравится песня Through Glass конечно, но выбираю я 30/30/150, охренительная тема!
#5 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Цитата:
Mне нравится песня Through Glass конечно

+1 тоже голосовал за эту песню.
Я не являюсь фанатом этой группы, но из тех песен, что слышал/слушал эта больше всего по душе.
#6 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Насчёт Special Edition, вот состав диска:

Disc 1: CD- альбом Stone Sour- Come What(ever) May + 6 Bonus песен не вошедших в альбом!

Disc 2: DVD- live выступление в Москве в октябре 2006г., клипы 30/30-150, Through Glass, sillyword, Made Of Scars, Reborn.

Disc 1: CD

1. 30/30-150

2. Come What(ever) May

3. Hell & Consequences

4. sillyworld

5. Made Of Scars

6. Reborn

7. Your God

8. Through Glass

9. Socio

10.1st Person

11. Cardiff

12. Zzyzx Rd.

13. Suffer *

14. Fruitcake *

15. The Day I Let Go *

16. Freeze Dry Seal *

17. Wicked Game *

18. The Frozen *

* Bonus Tracks taken from the Come What(ever) May recording sessions, except "Wicked Game," which is from a live-in-the-studio Canadian radio broadcast).

Disc 2: DVD

Complete concert filmed in Moscow, Russia, October 2006:

1. 30/30-150

2. Orchids

3. Take A Number

4. Reborn

5. Your God

6. Inhale

7. Come What(ever) May

8. Bother

9. Through Glass

10. Blotter

11. Hell & Consequences

12. Get Inside

Promotional videos for:

1. 30/30-150

2. Through Glass

3. sillyword

4. Made Of Scars

Замечу, что Zzyxz Road на Special Edition немного отличается от альбомной. Где-то читал, что это сингловая версия, и Zzyxz Road будет последним синглом с альбома, вроде пока ничего о нём не слышно Smile

Про Omega, как, впрочем, и The Frozen, это не обычный трек, в котором Кори просто говорит текст, без музыки. Вот текст Omeg'и:
What a skeletal wreck of man this is.
Translucent flesh and feeble bones,
the kind of temple where the whores and villains try to tempt the holistic domes.
Running rampid with free thought to free form, and the free and clear.
When the matters at hand are shelled out like lint at a
laundry mat to sift and focus on the bigger, better, now.
We all have a little sin that needs venting,
virtues for the rending and laws and systems and stems are ripped
from the branches of office, do you know where your post entails?
Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?
When in doubt inside your atavistic allure, the value of a summer spent, and a winter earned.
For the rest of us, there is always Sunday.
The day of the week the reeks of rest, but all we do is catch our breath,
so we can wade naked in the bloody pool, and place our hand on the big, black book.
To watch the knives zigzag between our aching fingers.
A vacation is a countdown, T minus your life and
counting, time to drag your tongue across the sugar cube,
and hope you get a taste.
WHAT THE F*CK IS ALL THIS FOR?
WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON? SHUT UP!
I can go on and on but lets move on, shall we?
Say, your me, and I'm you, and they all watch the things we do,
and like a smack of spite they threw me down the stairs,
haven't felt like this in years.
The great magnet of malicious magnanimous refuse, let me go,
and punch me into the dead spout again.
That's where you go when there's no one else around,
it's just you, and there was never anyone to begin with, now was there?
Sanctimonious pretentious dastardly bastards with their thumb on the pulse,
and a finger on the trigger.
CLASSIFIED MY A*S! THAT'S A F*CKING SECRET, AND YOU KNOW IT!
Government is another way to say better…than…you.
It's like ice but no pick, a murder charge that won't stick,
it's like a whole other world where you can smell the food,
but you can't touch the silverware.
Huh, what luck. Fascism you can vote for.
Humph, isn't that sweet?
And we're all gonna die some day, because that's the American way,
and I've drunk too much, and said too little,
when your gaffer taped in the
middle, say a prayer, say a face, get your self together and see what's happening.
SHUT UP! F*CK YOU! F*CK YOU!
I'm sorry, I could go on and on but
it's time to move on so, remember: you're a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shit snort,
and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the engine run.
Because in the end, everything we do, is just everything we've done.

Вот только что нашёл текст The Frozen. Кому делать нечего, помогите, пожалуйста с переводом Smile

The Frozen

The girls on the streets look all sad in this gold encrusted little town

Why is that? Isn’t this the town of dreams?

Yeah, but it comes with a price

It’s a town that never does anything and takes all the credit

A place that promises so much and never has a thing to say

Or a care in the world

There is no memory here

No dream for itself but the dreams of others

And all over the world you talk about a place you’ve only seen in the re-runs

Immortalized by its vice and deified for its carnage

There’s money in the air there

All you have to do is reach up and grab it.

In basements, garages, parking lots, empty lots, school yards, town cars,

Back rooms and more…

Diamonds are fashioned from expectations and fortified on a steady diet,

Of simple lives and red carpets

The ejaculating zeitgeist in night vision

Culture is a punch line in a motionless blood in the water

The sharks here play games you can’t fathom

But you flock here anyway

On college money and credit cards

Spend a week bullshitting yourself that it was all true,

All of it…

Just to watch in horror as it all falls into pieces into the gravity of reality

The starry eyes fade as it dawns on you,

Nothing is guaranteed

You are a part of the great divide, the chosen, or the frozen

Now your miles away without an egg,

Your college money is a collage of debt

And your credit cards are all snapped in fucking half.

Time to wander a landscape in berethed of mercy

This is now the back lot of your failed movie

A waking dream re-written without your permission

The real luster, the soft focus, the soap opera vision

Is just the hindsight of a world who’s just been lied to

Of sad surfs, and untouchable lords

You took a chance didn’t you?

The chance didn’t have a par for you this time around

Maybe next life.

And you can’t even walk home

The girls on the street all look sad in this cardboard cut-out little town

No wonder, that’s the only thing here that’s real

The gold is for fools and paradise is lost

But the hungry have never bothered with the cost

Day by day they fall away like rose petals

Like ink that won’t dry or fade

It just runs wild down cracks and crevices, grooves and folds

So I hope someone saves you, before you get cold

I really do.

Because the girls are on set in this little black book

If you don’t believe me take a closer look.

If you can..?

Извиняюсь за такой длинный пост! :grin:
#7 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Отличная группа, открыл их для себя только в этом году и очень доволен!!! Прекрасная музыка, притом всё это звучит мощно и агрессивно! В голосовалке выбрал Come What(ever) May, обожаю этот трек! Самое забавное когда слушаешь весчи вроде Through Glass даж и не подумаешь что эти ребята (Тейлор и Рут) рубят в Слипкноте)))
p.s.: а ещё прочитав предыдущий пост думаю где бы откопать это видео! Если у кого есть ссыль или сам концерт, сообщите в ЛС плиз! =)
#8 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Наконец то купил себе CD+DVD издание альбома Come What(ever) May! Доволен жутко! Уже вторые сутки *да именно сутки* слушаю либо альбом, либо концертник! Суперская весчь! Вдохновляет!!! \m/
#9 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Если кому интересно .... вот небольшое интервью с барабанщиком Roy Mayorga

In 2006, Stone Sour brought to the table one of the most succesful rock/metal albums of the year. “Come What(ever) May” mixes the melodies with heaviness and an all-around vibrant energy. One of the main part of it is the drummer Roy Mayorga, who is helpin now by the reunion of the legendary UK crust punk band Amebix. In this interview, we tried to touch alot of topics.

HITKIT: Lets start that you are workin with the reunited Amebix. How it came together?

ROY MAYORGA: That happen by pure accident. A mutual friend (Alicia…singer of doom metal band “13″) of Rob’s(The Baron) and mine put us together. Rob was looking to do some video footage for a anthology DVD he’s woriking on for Amebix. I guess he tried contacting his original drummer Spider but he wasn’t up for it apparently. So having mentioned that to Alicia she came up with the idea for Rob to contact me. So I flew over to Scotland where Rob lives. He’s a sword maker and has a shop out there in “THE ISLE OF SKYE”. I spent a few days there until going to Belfast Ireland where We recorded the songs. The whole idea behind this all was to capture footage of the band today for the DVD but it came out better than anyone expected which led to Rob and Stig wanting to reform. It was the first time the 2 brothers played together in 20 years. It was pretty amazing to watch from my point of view I’ve been a huge fan of Amebix almost my whole life. I’ve been bands such as Nausea who were heavily influenced by Amebix and have to say its a dream come true to be involved and be part of their history. I’m very honored. *(off topic :Rob Taught me how to forge my own sword….kinda like an initiation into the band. theres footage on youtube if anyone cares to see it.)

HK: Accurately whats in the works with them?

RM: Well,there has been talk of a tour roughly in WINTER (yes like the song) around the time of the Amebix DVD “Risen” is out. We’re think of possibly doing a hand full of shows in the States to start with since they never have toured there and of course other tours around the world will follow. Its all in the works at the moment.

HK: They in the UK, you in the States, how you make it happen, its that hectic to you now always gettin together?

RM: When the time comes to do the tour they (ROB and Stig) are coming here to LA where i live to rehearse for a few weeks before the US dates and probably I’ll go to UK where they are to do rehearsals for the rest of EU and UK dates. Its all good….We’ll do what ever it takes to make it happen. Band of gypsies We are.

HK: You played in a song with the Russian band ANJ…let us know something about that…

RM: Hmm…that was an unexpected session…..a good friend of mine John Travis (Producer/engineer) was called in to do some work with them on arranging their songs.
The members of ANJ involved was the singer and guitar player Anatoly and Oleg. They came to work with John Travis in search for a different kinda of approach and sound. So John gave them the idea of hiring me and one other guitar player named Levon Sultanian (Onside Zero/Abloom). He’s an incredible guitar player. Lev and I use to play together in Abloom. So We got together in the studio, We learned the gist of the song and added what We thought could enhance what they had written. Definitely a cool experience ….a melding of the musical cultures…Russian,Armenian and Latin.

HK: As for Stone Sour….what the status of the band now? Seems that Slipknot is gettin active, it means you are on a small lay-off?

RM: Yeah SS is on a Break until end of 2009…until then I’ll be doing drum clinics/sessions and touring with AMEBIX in December January tentivly. Also Black Presidents on Warped tour August 2008. I’ll also have time to develop my self and work on new ideas with drumming/composing and what not. Very excited about that.

HK: “Hell & Consequences” is a very special song, i’m heavily into it… what are your personal feelings about it?

RM: Very special song for me…..I really love to play that song live. Its just a solid pounding song. It was the first song I tracked on the record so it has a very special place in my heart. I feel the same for most first song first takes on past recordings i’ve done…..one most memorable to me other than Hell is “Eye for an Eye” off the first Soulfly record.

HK: “Sillyworld” and “Through Glass” are a bit more melodic ones… hows your relationship with them?

RM: I really love to play those especially because its so different to what I’m use to playing. It allows me to get in more on the dynamic side of drumming which is something i never got to do with past bands….so thats pretty special.

HK: The special edition contains six bonus tracks…you recorded that ones during the album recording sessions or whats the story behind them?

RM: Those are songs all from the same session as the album. Basically the songs didn’t make it on the album originally. But We thought they were great songs just that at the end of the day you have to pic which ones stand out the best to put on an album that hold you
know 13-14 songs. So now that the special addition was in the works We had not only the idea for the Russian concert (Ramp Video Awards) to be included We thought why not put the rest of the songs we recorded too. Would be a shame not to get to share that with
everyone. So it all worked out in the end.

HK: I think Stone Sour is still heavy, but in a different, not the “classic” way. Hows your fanbase mainly looks like? More straight metalheads or just fans of rock music etc.?

RM: We have a very mixed crowd of people from the age of 10-45. All walks of life…punks/metal kids…..parents…you name it. I think the reason is We have a pretty well rounded sound to the band. Theres a song on the record for everyone. The unity of all people and all cultures is a very important thing to me….always has been. Music is the one thing left in the world that has that power to do so. Everyone leaves their bullshit at the
door and comes together and has a great time. I’ve experience that recently in the biggest way possible at the DESSERT ROCK Dubai festival 2007. Not only did you have all of Middle East on the field, you had Australia/India/Asia/Africa/Europe/Russia/….let me just say the whole world rocking out hard and smiling. It was a beautiful thing to see and I’ll never forget it.

HK: Tell us something about your period in Soulfly….whats the most important thing you learned this era and by working with Max Cavalera?

RM: My period with Soulfly? That was an amazing adventure. That was a very special time in my life i hold very dear to my heart though i wish it could have been longer. But you know things happen and people move on. One has to walk the path that is set before them. But doesn’t mean We wont work together again in the future. I ran into Max a year ago whilst touring with SS. We actually played a couple festival shows together…it was great to hang with with him again. Its been awhile since We seen each other. We did talk
about working together sometime down the road later on in life. Max and I always had good chemistry. I have a strong feeling that are business is not quite finished just yet.

HK: You also toured with Sepultura after Iggor Cavalera split with the band. How you remember those times and how Iggor influenced you as a musician back in the day?

RM: Once again, another unexpected quest. That was awesome…..never in a million years did I thought. This is how that happened..as you know I was involved with the Roadrunner United recording and show….through that experience is what i guess gave the idea to Andreas to ask me to play for Sepultura. I already knew the songs from playing them with Max that whole time in Soulfly so it was just a matter of me going down to Brasil to practice with the guys and get the songs down even tighter. Sepultura were great to me they took me in as a brother. All we did was laugh the whole time. Iggor is definitely an inspiration but my influence for tribal drumming came long before i listened to Iggor and Sepultura. All through the 80’s I was very into bands and styles other than punk or metal like Killing Joke, Einstruzende Neubauten, Test Dept and a lot of Moroccan music (specificly “Masters of JAJOUKA”) as well as the rest of the drumming culture of Africa. Another favorite of mine to listen to for influence is “Passion Souces” its a record that Peter Gabriel put together in circa 88-89 i haven’t stopped listening to it since. Also growing up in NYC, I always heard alot of salsa, mambo….where i lived there was alot of Puerto Rican and Dominican influence in my neighborhood and in all the corner deli stores is where i would hear it just full volume as loud as it can go…its pretty awesome…fun times.
#10 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
HK: Explain us your personal experiences about the RR United album and concert…

RM: I have to thank Dino Cazares…he’s the one who got me involved in the whole project.
the year was 2005….I was just to the point of “I’m done with all this music shit” attitude. I felt that at the time only because i wasn’t in a band…i was doing odd session work around LA basically a hired gun ….not thats a bad thing but i desperately wanted to be a permanent member in a band that would make a record and tour etc….it just didn’t seem like it was gonna happen for me so I stopped for a bit until one day i got that call that would change my life and that call was from Dino which led to me being involved with not only the RR united recording and concert but it open all these other doors for me to walk through as well which eventually led me to be a member STONE SOUR( I found my home ). Stone Sour, Dino Cazares, Sepultura and Roadrunner Records definitely saved my life as a musican. I nothing but the biggest gratitude and love for them forever.

HK: As a drummer, how much you feel connected with the lyrical contents of the album (for example by the title track of “Come What(ever) May” -with its political edge)?

RM: Well lets just say I can’t wait until election day. Lets hope the next person We have representing our country will be more worried about taking care of the people not only in the States but sincerly helping others around the world and not worry about how much
money they can make in capitalizing on Oil. Yes I’m a Left wing liberal.

HK: Do you teach drumming for young musicians? If so, its exciting to you to find new talents?

RM: Hmmm….never thought of doing that really. Sounds like something exciting to do in the future.

HK: What are your next future plans?

RM: I’m gonna start to get involved in perfoming in Drum clinincs around the world such as DRUMMER LIVE in UK coming this June and after that i have a couple one off tours with Black President and AMEBIX……after all that I’ll be working on writing songs to contribute for the next Stone Sour album and some solo drum arrangement. More on a world, tribal beat sense like i mention earlier.

HK: Any last messages/thoughts to the Hungarian readers?

RM: Thanx so much for the love and all your support over the years. I always had a great time in your country and can’t wait to come back. If you want to say hello visit>>> www.myspace.com/royfilmscore I always answer.
#11 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Спасибо. Интересное интерьвью. Только не совсем понял, что он сказал про песню, записанную с российской группой ANJ. Confused
#12 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Reborn, то что всё получилось случайно. Ребята из ANJ искали свежие звуковые решения, и Рой вместе с гитаристом Левоном *не знаю как правильно имя транслитерировать* изучили их материал, и предложили свои идеи.
#13 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Понятно. Спасибо!
Форум / Music Reviews / STONE SOUR - лучшее жанра new metal
Загрузка...
Быстрый вход: