Текущее время: вторник, 19 марта 2024, 06:09
Пользователи, которые читают эту тему: 1 гость
Новая тема Ответить
#122 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
TARJA TURUNEN & HARUS STORY

The hall darkens. An instant hush – and then, from above, there comes the stentorian, magisterial voice of the organ. Sitting behind it is Kalevi Kiviniemi, a man whose hands have graced some of the most unique, oldest and grandest of these instruments in the world, and whose career is spangled with a vast number of recordings and awards, marking him as Finland’s most distinguished organist. Below, on the left of the stage, Markku Krohn is almost hidden behind an array of chimes and kettledrums. The percussionist of Lahti Symphony Orchestra for over twenty years, he handles his instrument with a deft touch that provokes a bright, pleasing tintinnabulation, notes falling like the snowflakes that dust the wintry scene. From the other side of the stage follow the bold, shivering notes of the guitar. Marzi Nyman has a background in jazz, playing in the UMO Jazz Orchestra, alongside myriad other side projects and bands. His is a style that boasts a smooth, evocative charisma in place of barking riffs; the guitar sings in his hands, and the audience is firmly in thrall by the time the actual singer opens her lips. Tarja Turunen cuts a serene, gentle figure at centre-stage, a world away from the rock star image for which she became famous. The warmth carried on her voice spreads to every corner of the hall.

If this can be called a debut, then it has been five years in the making.

Everything was there, since the very beginning: four musicians, each an expert in their field and passionate about their art; a unique style; an enraptured following. In everything but name, Tarja Turunen & Harus have been a band since 2006. And yet its members were united as much by their hectic work schedules as their classical roots. It has taken this long, but the chrysalis is opening.

They first shared a stage in the summer of 2006 at Lahti Organ Festival. Working with each other was an opportunity they leapt for. Though their reputations preceded them, all nerves diminished upon that first meeting. On both a musical and a personal level, the kinship was instant and keenly felt, translating itself into a groundbreaking – and, more exhilaratingly, rule breaking – concert. The aptly named performance, ‘Crossover Organ’, veered between the traditional and the contemporary, boasting a bold and far reaching repertoire. The reverent splendour of Liturgical hymns was juxtaposed by the likes of Deep Purple and Nirvana. On paper, the chimeric progression and overlap of styles looked uncomfortable, unfathomable, more likely to provoke whiplash than anything else in the unsuspecting listeners. And yet… Classical music, the root and foundation of everything that followed it, runs like a river in the jungle of sound we inhabit today, sustaining the life of each branching subsidiary, the beating pulse that unifies every harmony we know. Genre boundaries were blurred and lost that night, but in their place something else was defined; a rich, eclectic and striking sound – the sound that was to create the band.

No work experimental and unpredictable in nature can hope for a predictable reception, and so it was all the more thrilling when the concert was met with a rising swell of applause, proving to be an unanticipated, yet liberating, success. Thus, with a vision shared between themselves and affirmed by hundreds of ears, it was not hard for the band to decide, “Hey, let´s do this again!”

The collaboration formed itself easily, brimming with talent, commitment and camaraderie. In 2008, they came together to perform a series of Christmas concerts in Finland, a tradition Tarja had begun a few years past and that they continue together to this day. Each year, the tetrad combed the breadth of their country, in annual tours that were becoming longer and longer. Despite the cold weather, churches were hot with the press of bodies, and when they were full, people crowded outside in the blistering December cold.

It was a project that none ever thought to nurture; it seemed simply to feed itself, strengthen itself, spreading wings that spanned the borders of Finland - and beyond. As the churches rang with hymns, and the winter air warmed with festive carols, a chord was struck in countless hearts – even those overseas. Travellers were appearing in increasing numbers from across oceans, just to sit in a pew under a vaulted roof for one night: simply to listen. For Tarja, seeing the interest and devotion they had somehow generated, even outside the country where they were performing, sparked a stark realization: here, poised atop its synergetic eyrie, a fully-fledged band was ready to take wing.

The knowledge was accompanied by a kinetic wave of excitement. “I wanted to bring it out of the shadows. I wanted to bring it closer to everyone.”

With that exact purpose in mind, it was her idea to make a recording of 2009’s concert in Lahti’s Sibelius concert hall, a beautiful building, and the biggest in Finland to be built from wood in over a century – a feature it can thank for its particularly impressive acoustics. Situated in the city where they first performed together, and with a capacity of just over one thousand, Sibeliustalo is the perfect venue for an intimate concert; a reflection of the harmony and solidarity that comes from five years of being almost a band. Blending – as ever – traditional and modern pieces, with arrangements and compositions from the band members themselves, this is not an introduction, but a wave to faces already familiar, a celebration of the magic these four have been conjuring since the beginning.

At the root of it all is a simple equation, a compound of four equal parts that breathes with rhapsodic innovation, unsurprisingly original, considering the musical alloys that are the band members themselves, their repertoires coloured with exotic, vibrant flavours, from jazz to heavy metal. It’s a harmonic mix, but challenging, too. Each instrument carries a strong presence. The imposing, majestic sound of the organ is a dramatic contrast to the sensual, modern ambience of the electric guitar; the gentle susurrus of chimes an unconventional compliment to the highly textured vocals. There is a fluidity common to all that unifies them into a single voice – but it can be offset by the simple surprise of hearing them together. Yet, the shocked expression of someone expecting something more traditional is one of the best kinds of feedback, at least according to Kalevi, who chuckles wryly, “That is how you know you’re making good music.”

Watching them onstage, one can see that this is where their real strength lies: in breaking boundaries; in freedom. There is no suppression of individuality here. Each player employs their own distinctive style. When each person shines, the resulting ensemble is effulgent. Classical they may be, but the band is anything but traditional.

Devising a name to summarize just that was not the easiest of tasks. Many less obscure suggestions were tossed into the air at the time of baptism. ‘Harus’ was an idea that appeared early in the brainstorming, but caused some consternation when it proved to be an ambiguous word, even to native ears. Yet it was the single name to which everyone returned. It is the guy-line securing the mast of a ship, the ropes that support any object being hoisted or raised, the four connecting wires that build the framework of a tent. ‘Harus’ means support, means balance, means strength. In essence, these individual artists are the four pillars that sustain their music.

“We all come from different backgrounds. We all have something different to give,” explains Tarja, “This is what really brings us together.” And together, like the gentle confluence of tributaries, these four have reached the boundless ocean.

“The combination is rare, and full of challenge.” Markku reflects, quietly and smilingly optimistic. “Let’s see what will happen in the future.”

It’s a journey that promises to be intrepid – but which we leave the cartographers themselves to navigate. The waters are unchartered, but the mast is strong. The horizon is limitless.
#123 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
lady NetNet писал(а):
TARJA TURUNEN & HARUS

вот, кстати, а зачем такое разделение? Почему, пардон, не Калеви Кивиниеми и Харус тогда? Он не менее известен, чем Тарья. В других кругах, но все же.
Я понимаю, что с точки зрения пиара оно, может, и выгоднее, но, опять же, кто Тарью знает - тот в курсе, что она какое-то время свое отдаст проекту Харус. Кто ее не знает - тому будет по барабану, имхо, чье имя там стоит перед + Харус...

Они все уши пафосно прожужжали тем, какой это душевный проект четверых амбициозных и талантливых музыкантов, волею судьбы повстречавшихся друг с другом, несмотря на очень разный музыкальный бэкграунд, а вылилось все снова в Тарью Турунен + каких-то дяденек. Confused Они же вчетвером и есть этот самый что-он-там-означает-этот-харус, так зачем выделять? Это похоже на то, как Марсело предлагал на dvd End of an Era написать "Тарья + Найтвиш".
#124 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Оффтоп:
Hevein писал(а):
как Марсело предлагал на dvd End of an Era написать "Тарья + Найтвиш"

shok правда что ли?

По теме: мне понравилось выступление, выложенное в другой темке. Но вот да, назвались же Harus - зачем кого-то одного после этого выпячивать? Может, конечно, это так написали на тарьересурсах, я не в курсе, но, имхо, придумали новый, таксказать, бренд, так и держитесь его.
#125 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Оффтоп:
Cailleach писал(а):
правда что ли?

Да. DVD ведь выпускали уже после развода, вот Марсело и выступил с таким деловым предложением, мол, раз Тарья уже не в Найтвиш, давайте это по-всякому обозначим, не только в анонсах и рекламе Smile
#126 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Майк по-видимому так занят в коллективе Тарьи, что на новом Masterplan пишется другой барабанщик. Моя в расстройстве, раньше у него на всё хватало времени.
#127 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
А тут, говорят, можно клип-свежачок от Кико заценить, если кто еще помнит такого))

http://www.youtube.com/user/kikoloureiroofficial

Правда, сама я без нормальных интернетов пока сижу, на работе гляну завтра.
#128 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Няшка-босизд ( я иво лаффке )оказца бобо.

A few days ago, I checked into the University of Southern California Keck Medical Center here in Los Angeles. It's time that I share something about myself that I have been reluctant to speak about….. I've battled a medical condition in relative silence for many years: Epilepsy (and the seizures that come along with it……) has been with me my entire adult life. As you can imagine, it has NOT been easy, knowing that at any second I could have a seizure. I have taken medication which has (for the most part) controlled my seizures, though the side effects have not been pleasant at times. I've never had a problem on tour and I have certainly not compromised how I have lived my life. But lately, the seizures have become more difficult to control and I am now in the hospital for some pretty serious tests to find out just whats going in my head. What are these tests working towards? Brain surgery.
#129 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Интересная инфа с вики-страницы соавтора проекта Outlanders и ряда песен Тарьи, но к сожалению, без ссылок.
Цитата:
In 2006 the Finish rock singer and ex-front figure of the rock band Nightwish was searching for new songs for her first solo album. Torsten’s Kenyan songwriter friend Adrian Zagoritis pitched her the track Iceflowers, taken from the second 'York' album 'Peace' (2004). Tarja liked the production and was interested in writing music with Stenzel.
It was a music direction totally new for Torsten. Tarja had the idea to write her new album in Ibiza, and he organized, together with the Berlin Department of Universal Music, a writing camp where they flew in 10 writers from all over Europe. They wrote about 75% of the songs on her debut album My Winter Storm at this session. Stenzel wrote 5 songs for this album of which 3 - 'The Reign', 'Damned & Divine' and 'Lost Northern Star' - were recorded in Santa Monica at the Remote Control Studios of Academy Award-nominee Hans Zimmer.
The album was released through Universal Music in 70 countries. It became a huge worldwide success and received several Gold and Platinum records in Finland, Russia and Germany. In 2010 Tarja released her second album What Lies Beneath. Stenzel wrote two tracks for this album; one of these being the song 'Naiad'. The album reached top 5 in the German sales chart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsten_Stenzel#Tarja_Turunen

Сам трек Iceflowers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM8F0hVVdEI
чота не катит Sad
#130 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:

Добавлено спустя 1 минуту и 38 секунд

#131 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Майк, Майк Майк - я пропозитивился этими фотками на год вперёд :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
#132 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Посоны тут такое дело.. Няшка босизд, которого Лолы дико любит на данный момент совсем бобо. Всвязи с чем - http://www.gofundme.com/Kevin-Chown-Brain-Surgery
#133 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Соня Боннэр-Хардт, лысый хрен у меня на карточке. Обязуюсь с зп закинуть баксов писят, и пойду своим расскажу.

Вообще, немного страшно было в первый раз читать, как на фейсбуке за него писала его сестра.
#134 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
у него эпилепсия и судорожный синдром.
а такой приятный парень ... и сестра у него хорошая - заботится о нем и даже переехала к нему в больницу.

тарья вместо того, чтобы фанатов в блоге троллить, лучше бы о немм пост вывесила. =-O
#135 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
http://vimeo.com/65616683 - видео от Кевина. Его выписали, вставили в головку какой-то кошмарь и теперь он дома кофий пьет. А также благодарит всех, кто его поддерживал и пожертвовал 11 тыщ долларов на операцию.
Слава богу, жить будет. Beer
#136 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Tarja announces the live Band for Colours In The Road Tour 2013 Mike, Alex, Christian, Max and Anna(штааааа) will share this new journey!
#137 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Какая Анна, дайте-ка мне! Посмотрим, чего там нам в Бельгии покажут.
#138 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
А-миц, вы хотели Анну? Их есть у меня Very Happy
#139 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
О это прекрасно. Это замечательно! С какой стороны сцены мне надо стоять?
#140 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Это она вместо Кевина, что ли?
Форум / Творчество / Tarja's band, crew, etc...
Загрузка...
Быстрый вход: