Текущее время: суббота, 20 апреля 2024, 09:13
Пользователи, которые читают эту тему: 1 гость
Новая тема Ответить
#461 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Перевод статьи для Rolling Stone. Ну, а вдруг кому интересно.
http://evanescence-rus.ru/news/obresti-svobodu-tvorcheskaya-nezavisimost-emi-li-i-budushchee-evanescence

С Evanescence, походу, всё... Crying Хотя я буду безумно рада ошибиться.
Но... Интервал между TOD и одноименным альбомом составил 5 лет, причем, уже такое впечатление создается, что написан он был из-под палки, под давлением я не знаю кого - лейбла, фэнов. Или может, у Эми группы деньги закончились, я без понятия. Но тенденция очень удручающая. А сейчас будущее группы и следующий (ахахах) альбом находятся под большим жирным вопросом. Настолько жирным, что ставит под угрозу существование группы в целом.

Я всё так же жду сольника Эми, но меня огорчает ее такое отношение к Evanescence.
Спасибо, выговорилась.
#462 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Эми так мягко обходит все острые углы. Дураку же ясно, что "плевала я на ваш эванесенс, он меня подза...достал".
Жалко, конечно. Но, мб, замутят камбек лет через 15, когда у Эмки будет настроение.
И снова будет FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER WE FEEL LIKE A WHOLE BAND, NOT JUST ME WITH SOME MUSICIANS.

Вот уж где искать глючную диво, так это тут
#463 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:

Вторая часть интервью под катом

Спойлер. Нажмите для прочтения
If you thought you've heard everything Amy Lee has to say, you probably haven't been paying attention. During her decade-plus run as the frontwoman (and focal point) of Evanescence, she's proven time and time again that she's got plenty of opinions – all you've got to do is ask.

So we did. In the first part of Rolling Stone's interview with Lee, she weighed in on the future of her band, becoming a mother and releasing her first independent album, Aftermath, due August 25. Now, in part two, she talks about putting the past to rest, creating new songs and hitting the road as a solo artist.

"I've got a lot to say, I guess," she laughs. "I haven't done an interview in a while."

The music on Aftermath is a definite departure from Evanescence. Was that intentional, or just the result of working on a film like War Story?
I wanted it to be completely different. I didn't want it to be like Evanescence just because I've flexed that muscle so much, I wanted people to see different sides of me. I've written music all along the way that's just been mine that nobody hears but my friends, and I still want to do something with that at some point. But it's one of my first chances to show another side and this definitely plays with a lot of the same emotions I played with in Evanescence, but instrumentally. It's not trying to be mainstream; I feel like I've always made a point to make sure that Evanescence was true to my spirit and my heart and I wasn't just trying to make hits. But at the same time we were on a label, there needed to be a single, radio play, all those sort of things. It was cool to be free from all those things and make a piece of art, because the songs that are on this, I'd call three of them like song songs, most of them are scores. It's a lot more like music I listen to now. One's like an Arabic, weird thing, one's a sexy dance song and the other is – I don't even know what it is, it's electronic.

Wait, there's a song in Arabic on the album?
I don't sing in Arabic. They were like "We need a song with a little bit of a world-music type thing," but ultimately, it didn't get used in the film. It's me and Dave Eggar and the other collaborator, his name's Chuck Palmer he did a lot of the percussion, engineering and producing a lot of the stuff. Anyway, he made this drum loop beneath this whole thing and we had a guy play an instrument called an oud, kind of like an old-fashioned lute or mandolin or something. And Dave, he was the leader of the whole thing, he's like "OK, we've got this world singer Malika Zarra, she's really cool and I'm going to go in the other room and you just get something cool out of her."

So I'm with this girl who has no idea who I am, and I'm like "I wrote some lyrics in English, and I know you speak Arabic, can you use these as a basis, just go in there and change the order, scat for as long as you can, just sing." So she goes in there, she's got a beautiful voice and she sang for like 20 minutes. We did it two times and I coached her on a few parts, to get more material, and then I took it home and let it live in my studio. I never saw her again, but as I just listened to her voice, I heard these really amazing moments, so I'd clip them out and move it down to the track. It was like cherry picking. It probably makes zero sense, it might as well be Sigur Rós. But to work with an artist in a capacity like that was really, really amazing.

Did you take inspiration from any producers you had worked with previously?
Just myself. I'm so used to mixing my own vocals and producing and picking the takes, so it was very natural. It was fun, it was just such a weird process to create this melody out of a bunch of pieces of her voice and build a song around it. The whole experience was just thinking outside the box and that's why I love working with Dave, because he's always like "I know a guy who plays..." and he'll just name some instrument I've never heard of.

So when you were creating something like this, did you think about the past at all?
It comes to mind in a positive way, like when I was writing "Lockdown." At the end I was like "You know what this needs? Drums and guitars." So I thought of my past in the creative stages, because I was solely focused on pleasing myself and doing the right thing for the film. That's always got to be the root. My mantra is "If I make something that I love, other people will love it." I can't think about what everybody wants because there's always going to be people that criticize whatever you do. And you just have to be OK with that because if you're trying to please everybody you'll end up pleasing somebody, but if you don't please yourself then you'll be mad about it later. I'm proud to say I can listen to all the music I've made from the beginning and enjoy it. I always enjoyed it.

Do you have any plans to play these new songs live?
I haven't thought about it. I totally would and I probably will. There's a lot of little songs that I've done for different reasons and played live, like "Find a Way," that was really fun to do. I can do things from my entire career, from all along the way, because it's all part of me. I've played to my own fans a lot; I really enjoy the opportunity to win people over for the first time. It's the coolest thing in the world.

To that end, do you care what people think of your music?
Do I care? Well, it's always nice when they like it. But I never make music to that end. I think that our industry's flooded with that, and it always leads to something that comes off as less-than-genuine. The one thing I always want to be is real, and so if I make something that I love, I know there are people like me who will love it too.

Did you realize that early in you life or later?
It's funny, because I was kind of thrown into all of this. When Fallen happened, it was so fast and I was 21 years old, so I got super-nauseous being the center of attention; it's so boring and empty. My life's not that interesting, I don't have super powers. I love music, I love painting, there's some other cool things about me [laughs]. But after an hour of talking I don't have anything else to say and I want to talk about something else!

How about this: What's the secret to getting a seat on the subway when you're pregnant?
Oh, you learn. When you're really pregnant, you need to sit down. You don't want to ask "Can you please get out of your seat?" So I never ask. The protocol is you get on, stick it out as long as you can, rub your belly a little bit, start looking desperate and someone will give you their seat. Generally speaking, New Yorkers aren't assholes.

Добавлено спустя 18 минут и 39 секунд

I've said this all the way through Evanescence, especially on the second and third record: "I have the freedom to express myself completely within the band, so why would I want to do anything else?" And that's true only to an extent, because as much as I could go through a range of emotions, there's a certain expectation there. With the fans, with myself, I know what Evanescence is; it's an entity, it's bigger than just myself, which is awesome, but I can write a song and go "That is or isn't an Evanescence song," and they both happen. So there does need to be other outlets for me to make music.

Я уже давно считаю, что у Эми нет интереса к группе, эти интервью с запозданием подтверждают мысль о том, что ей просто продолжать в выбранном изначально направлении не интересно. Это можно было наблюдать в течение двух или скорее уже трех последних лет, когда началась эра третьего альбома, только более ли менее искренние интервью пошли сейчас.

Она сама загнала себя в рамки, фанаты на то и фанаты, что прослушают любую работу артиста, а примут или нет - это уже зависит от качества самой работы. Казалось бы с таким количеством поклонников- твори, что хочешь, лепи на это лого Evanescence и все, что ты написал разлетится как футболки с Путиным в Гуме. Все группы меняются, все эволюционируют, это естественный процесс. Что значит песня «не эванесенс»? Если ты ее написал, то это твоя песня. Если ты себя и свою группу, которой с детства занимался, воспринимаешь как разные вещи и не хочешь делится творчеством, то скажи открыто. Больше не будет Эванесенс, будет одна Эми.

Наблюдаемое меня разочаровывает. Эми появляется в твиттере и на фейсбуке, только когда нужны инфоповоды для пиара нового альбома, интервью дает обтекаемыми и дежурными фразами, а потом заявляет, что с ней не говорят ни о чем другом, кроме музыки.
Да и по музыке- у меня масса вопросов. Если человек реально любит свое дело, он им занимается 24/7, а не так – о! пять лет прошло, пойду вымучаю что-то, лейбл же просит. Люди творят, люди пишут, людей не заткнуть- если им есть, что сказать другим.
#464 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Кто хочет ностальжи? Very Happy Эми такая хорошенькая тут, с еще не крашеными волосами даже, и как пела хорошо, но вцелом это какие-то похороны. Very Happy
#465 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Morgana писал(а):
но вцелом это какие-то похороны.

Почему?

Интересно что за вторая девушка на вокале.
#466 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Легион, вторую девушку зовут Стефани Пирс. Она была одной из подруг Эми в старшей школе, ее вокал можно также услышать в песнях Understanding и Lies. Больше о ней неизвестно ничего.

Morgana, вот этот концерт отлично показывает, что стоила группа без вложений лейбла и всех этих artist development.
#467 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Mermaid писал(а):
руппа без вложений лейбла

Чего стоила? Потенциал как оказалось большой но без вложений лейбла так и канул бы в лету...

...и ничего бы мы о них не узнали летом 2003 года : ) (ну я себя имею ввиду Smile )
#468 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Легион, именно об этом я и говорю. При наличии у них материала, потребовался год работы в студии, уроков актерского мастерства, не забываем про стилиста и нанять мейкапера, чтобы на выходе получился проект, который способен заинтересовать Wink
#469 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Пока вы тут все дружно льете крокодильи слезы и хороните группу (хотя я уже давно смирилось с ее кончиной Very Happy ) , то Эми решили выгулять свое детище на Ozzfest в Японии Рулез Если будете рядом, то заходите на огонек Very Happy

Цитата:
Very excited to announce that Evanescence will be playing Ozzfest Japan along with Ozzy and Friends and many, many more! The festival will be November 21 and 22- Can't wait to see you there!!

Пруфик

#470 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
У меня по поводу этого концерта есть единственная надежда - чтобы он разросся до мини-тура Very Happy

Потому что Япония в ноябре весьма сомнительный момент, как впрочем и необходимость ехать на фест, где эв ни разу не хедлайнер.
Форум / Music Reviews / Evanescence
Загрузка...
Быстрый вход: