Текущее время: четверг, 25 апреля 2024, 20:17
Пользователи, которые читают эту тему: 1 гость
Новая тема Ответить
#1 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
What makes Russian guys (and girls, of course) write in English on Russian forum? For me the answer is: the beauty of English. I really believe that sometimes it's even better than Russian: less sibilants, for example, shorter words...

And what can you say about the beauty of different languages (not only Russian and English?)
#2 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Finnish languange is beautiful for me.

– Anteeksi, mitä kello on?
– Tasan yksi.
– Kiitos.

This is wanderful, This is super, I think.
#3 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
German language is somehow exacter and precise than russian Smile But on the other hand it's nice to hide your will... because you have to put your negation at the end of the sentence... so the listener didn't know your will unless you spoke until the end... so it creates somehow tention e.g.

Er will es über haupt nicht
He want it at all not (Word-2-Word translation) of
He doesn't want it at all.

Or you don't really know what somebody want because of splitting the verbs - one part, which gives the direction for the werb goes to the end:

Verb: Aufsuchen (to visit)

Such mich bitte auf
Search for me please upon (word-2-word) of
Please, visit me Smile

or

some better example for the verbs:
Einsteigen (to board)
Aussteigen (to get out)
Aufsteigen (to rise, ascend)
Absteigen (to descend)
Zusteigen (to get in) etc...

So if you say
Martin steigt heute ... you have to wait for the ending of the sentence because
Martin steigt heute ein: means Martin comes today in
Martin steigt heute aus: Martin leaves today
Martin steigt heute auf: Martin ascends today
Martin steigt heute ab: Martin goes down
Martin steigt heute zu: Martin will join us today

Smile))
#4 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Well, I speak German a bit (Ich schprache etwas Deutsch :-) ), but all my friends agree that it sounds like some kind of curse Very Happy I remember one word from my self-study book, which means that sth is imposed of duty... it sounded like "coll' - pfleekh'teekh'". Very Happy But on the other hand German is really exact language, especially when compared with English, which has no gender or case...

Another great example of sounding are French of Italian - they are very easy to speak (and to learn, by the way). Though one friend of mine hates French, she says it's like importunate chirping.

Finally, speaking about Finnish - as I remember, when Tolkien composed his "elven" languages which were intended to be wonderful-sounding, he based on Finnish. The secret is a lot of vowels, I suppose...
#5 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Smile Yes. But concerning French, I had it in the grades 7 to 12 and it's not easy to speak... The pronounciation is really hard, especialy to diferentiate in pronounciation between é, è, á, à, â etc.. Smile)

Concerning germanic languages - german and islandic are the most difficult ones, all the rest like dutch, swedish, norwegian etc... lost the cases and declinations Smile

but soon or later german will also lose declinations and cases... (like english)
#6 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Huh... I wonder how it will look like - German with no cases :-) Anyway, Russian without cases would sound even more strange Very Happy

I used to think that French pronounciation is a problem until I faced Greek language. It is something! First of all, it seems that only a few scientists know the exact rules of pronounciation. The others use their own ideas and somehow manage to understand each other :-) Secondly, the grammar rules are very vague, too, and have LOTS of exceptions. Finally, for Russian people it's terrible to pronounce "s" as if you have no front teeth - "sch...".
But the Greeks like Russian people, and most of them know a few Russian words.
#7 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
BokhanMax писал(а):
Finnish languange is beautiful for me.

– Anteeksi, mitä kello on?
– Tasan yksi.
– Kiitos.

This is wanderful, This is super, I think.

Godness...:) That just sounds so annoying after listening it every day, trust me;)But actually i enjoy speaking Finnish as well, but im sure thats not language for me.
Well, as for me, i would say my favorite language is Spanish. I absolutely LOVE IT!!! Im sure thats the language i will speak mostly for the rest of my life. Apart from that, Spanish in Spain and Spanish in latin America are not the same things. For me i would prefer Spanish from L. America,´cause it sounds more soft, and thats great that there is no "Th" sound in L. American Spanish. Apparently, the words are not the same, though.
#8 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
I love languages :-) but the first one I loved was English. It’s indeed very beautiful and sweet, it’s flowing, so to say. I also adore French and Finnish. Hopefully I’ll be able to speak them soon. But Finnish is really hard, thanks for my finnish friends that help me a lot with it! And French, it's just so cute for me to hear it and speak it (though mon français est très mauvais :grin: )
Now in my plans to learn Italian and maybe in future I'll start to study German again Cool
#9 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Цитата:

Godness...Smile That just sounds so annoying after listening it every day, trust meWink2

Forgive me, but I can't agree with you. I can speak, listen and etc Finnish every day and minute and sec.... it's sounds so funny and cordial at the same time...
Hei hei / moi moi (Bye bye), Hei / Moi/ Terve (hello, hi)...
And how about this words? Just try to guess who are they. I swear, everyone here knows themSmile Let's make a competition Very Happy I'll give u smth, if u guess it.
1.Noita-akka
2.Nalle-Puh
3.Nasu
4.Ihaa
5.Hannu ja Kerttu
6.Peukalo-Liisa
7.Fedja-setä, kissa ja koira
8.Tyhmä Eemeli
9.Jänis Vemmelsääri
10.Hölmö-Iivana
11.Katto Kassinen
12.Kakkara
13.Kyttyräselkäinen pikku hevonen
14.Kettu Repolainen
15.Sammaltava Sammakko
16.Nukku-Matti
17.Mutantti-ninja kilpikonnat
Prompting: they are characters from cartoons and tales.

I really-really-really-really like languages. They are so awsome... and so unique...If i had a lot of free time, I would learm all languages over the world Rolleyes#2 Very Happy

By the way, I'm learninig classical arabic at the moment :-)
#10 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Sonia, yeah I agree with you about Finnish. It's adorable to listen to it :grin: And I'd love to learn as many languages as possible during my life Cheesy It's incredible feeling when you start to understand language :-)
#11 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Sonia, let me guess...
2.Nalle-Puh - Vinnie The Pooh
3.Nasu - a pig, Pooh's friend (well, I don't know his name in English!)
4.Ihaa - a donkey, also friend of Pooh
12.Kakkara - seems to be a crow... Very Happy
16.Nukku-Matti - quite like Mickey Mouse Very Happy
#12 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Цитата:

It's incredible feeling when you start to understand language

yeaaa.... it makes you to be proud yourself Very Happy anf feel that are a MAN, not just a clever monkey Заткнулся Very Happy

Цитата:

2.Nalle-Puh - Vinnie The Pooh
3.Nasu - a pig, Pooh's friend (well, I don't know his name in English!)
4.Ihaa - a donkey, also friend of Pooh

yepiyauuu... good job Кул! ... May I ask you? Have you found it in the I-net or you guessed it? :-)

Цитата:
12.Kakkara - seems to be a crow...
- nope. it's not an animal at all, as far as the next one Smile

Цитата:
16.Nukku-Matti - quite like Mickey Mouse
- nope... Mikki Hiiri stands for the Mouse Wink2

PS:
Silvering, Did you like this game? And why don't you try to guess the other points? I can tell you wether it is an animal or not...

Folks, what do you think about such competition in other languages? IT, it'll be really fun :grin:
#13 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Sonia, I do gueesed it. Well, in Nalle-Puh the second part of the word helped me to understand the meaning. Then, "nasu" - it's quite similar to "nose" or "nos". Taking into account that it is right under Winnie the Pooh, it seemed to be Piglet (finally I've found his name in English! :-)). And after all "Ihaa" is quite similar to Russian Ihaa-Ihaa. :-)
By the way, I heard that in one of Baltic languages - Estonian, maybe, - Winnie the Pooh is "Khatka-Pookhatka" Laughing

The other characters are much more difficult to guess... I think that "ja" in Finnish is "and", right? So the 5th must be [somebody] and [somebody]. Maybe even A Wolf and a Hare. Why not. The same thing with the 7th. For example, a swan, a crayfish and a pike. And yes, I guess who are 17! Very Happy Mutants are mutants in all languages Laughing So, the 16th may be Spiderman.

Speaking about the game in general, I really liked it and do support the idea of such competitions! You know, when I was young, I was a real plague for my Mom, asking her to make for me a cipher to guess...
#14 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Цитата:

Sonia, I do gueesed it. Well, in Nalle-Puh the second part of the word helped me to understand the meaning. Then, "nasu" - it's quite similar to "nose" or "nos". Taking into account that it is right under Winnie the Pooh, it seemed to be Piglet (finally I've found his name in English! ). And after all "Ihaa" is quite similar to Russian Ihaa-Ihaa.

Then it's super great job Very Happy

Цитата:

By the way, I heard that in one of Baltic languages - Estonian, maybe, - Winnie the Pooh is "Khatka-Pookhatka"

Yea, I've heard smth like that too, but I don't remember in what language it's Sad .

Цитата:

I think that "ja" in Finnish is "and", right?

Absolutely Wink2

Цитата:

So the 5th must be [somebody] and [somebody]. Maybe even A Wolf and a Hare.

Yes, that's [somebody] and [somebody], but they are not animals- they are children Wink2

Цитата:

The same thing with the 7th. For example, a swan, a crayfish and a pike.

Nice try but- nope. Oki, prompting: if I tell you to pay attention to "Fedja", will it tell you smth? And kissa... he's name is kinda "sailor"? And I have a dog, her name is Koira... so, who are they? What cartoon do they belong to?
It's a huge-huge prompting Very Happy

Цитата:

And yes, I guess who are 17! Mutants are mutants in all languages So, the 16th may be Spiderman.

Very Happy Hämähäkkimies stands for him Smile Prompting (I’m generous for the moment Very Happy ): look "Mutantti-ninja" esp. the 2nd part of the word...
So, nope- neither 17, nor 16 stand for Spiderman

And do 8 & 10 tell nothing to you? Just read it carefully... it's easy, really Wink2

Цитата:

You know, when I was young, I was a real plague for my Mom, asking her to make for me a cipher to guess...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy yeah, me too... but I used to ask my granny
#15 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
So...
Hannu ja Kerttu are childeren. Hannu seems to be "Ann", and Kerttu - I don't know, maybe, Peter? Ann and Peter... I can't remember such a couple :-)

Fedja-setä, kissa ja koira. I was in doubt about strange Finnish word "Fedja" :-) So it's Fyodor the Uncle, Dog and Cat Cheesy

Tyhmä Eemeli Similarly - Emelya the Fool!
Jänis Vemmelsääri - Janis seems to be John. So, Prince John, Ivan Tsarevich... Vemmelsaari is something solemn Very Happy That's why I don't think it's John the Fool.
Hölmö-Iivana It may be John the Fool. There're a lot of Johns in Russian folk-lore.
Katto Kassinen Katto - maybe, cat?
Mutantti-ninja kilpikonnat When I said 'mutants are mutants in all languages' I meant this terrible brood of American sewerage - Ninja Turtles Very Happy

By the way, where are the other participants of the competition? I'm one for all here, right? :-)
#16 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Цитата:

Fedja-setä, kissa ja koira. I was in doubt about strange Finnish word "Fedja" So it's Fyodor the Uncle, Dog and Cat

Цитата:

Tyhmä Eemeli Similarly - Emelya the Fool!

Цитата:

Hölmö-Iivana It may be John the Fool.

Цитата:

Mutantti-ninja kilpikonnat When I said 'mutants are mutants in all languages' I meant this terrible brood of American sewerage - Ninja Turtles

Applause Applause Applause

Цитата:
Hannu ja Kerttu are childeren. Hannu seems to be "Ann", and Kerttu - I don't know, maybe, Peter? Ann and Peter... I can't remember such a couple
... oki, prompting: there was a Candy-House (or fruit-jellies house... or smth like that.. sorry, I don't remember what it was made of Embarassed )

Цитата:
Jänis Vemmelsääri - Janis seems to be John. So, Prince John, Ivan Tsarevich... Vemmelsaari is something solemn That's why I don't think it's John the Fool.
- sorry, it's mot a man but an animal Wink2

Цитата:
Katto Kassinen Katto - maybe, cat?
-nope, it's kinda a man… but he had one mechanical "thing".

Цитата:
By the way, where are the other participants of the competition? I'm one for all here, right?
- I think only you are going to be a winnerWink2 I don't know why other people don't take a part in competition Sad It'll be really fun, IT
#17 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Цитата:
... oki, prompting: there was a Candy-House (or fruit-jellies house... or smth like that.. sorry, I don't remember what it was made of )

Well, they must be characters from some German tale - those Germans have strange addiction to candy-houses and another buildings made of food.

Цитата:
sorry, it's mot a man but an animal Wink2

Unfoturnately I have no idea... Crying

Цитата:
nope, it's kinda a man… but he had one mechanical "thing".

Ehmmm... it was his hand, right? :-) Again I can't remember the name, but he is from the Wizard of Oz.
#18 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Цитата:

Well, they must be characters from some German tale - those Germans have strange addiction to candy-houses and another buildings made of food.

Yes-yes-yes... It's German tale, as far as i know Wink2

Цитата:

Unfoturnately I have no idea...

Oki, prompting (how kind i am Very Happy, why other people afraid to play Confused ): it has long ears... and it jumps... and it is white in winter and grey in summer...so... he's next of kin is rabbit Заткнулся

Цитата:

Ehmmm... it was his hand, right? Again I can't remember the name, but he is from the Wizard of Oz

Nope, it's not Wizard of Oz... Prompting: It's Sweden tale... he had all parts of body but also he had one more "thing"... on his back. I’m absolutely sure that you know who he is.
#19 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Цитата:
Oki, prompting (how kind i am , why other people afraid to play ): it has long ears... and it jumps... and it is white in winter and grey in summer...so... he's next of kin is rabbit

So it must be a hare. But I actually I remember only one tale about hare - "The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles" and it was a song by Jehtro Tull :-)

Цитата:
Nope, it's not Wizard of Oz... Prompting: It's Sweden tale... he had all parts of body but also he had one more "thing"... on his back. I’m absolutely sure that you know who he is.

... and his Mom was Mummy, right? Very Happy
#20 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Цитата:

So it must be a hare. But I actually I remember only one tale about hare - "The Hare Who Lost His Spectacles" and it was a song by Jehtro Tull

Yes, this is a hare... but... oki, I'll just write it via lathinic letters "Zajka-Pobegajka". Honestly, I don't know how calls the tale where he is Embarassed
But you guessed it Wink2
Цитата:

... and his Mom was Mummy, right?

heh, Mummy? Are you talking about Moomintrolls?
Форум / Offtopic / Beauty of language
Загрузка...
Быстрый вход: