Текущее время: суббота, 27 апреля 2024, 07:34
Пользователи, которые читают эту тему: 1 гость
Новая тема Ответить
#101 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
First of all i must say that I adore foreign languages
I speak Croatian which is my native language, English, spanish, italian, a bit of german...
my favourite language is russian tho... i can understand a lot, i can read and i know some basics in grammar, im gonna start to study it on university next year... i think it's just beautiful...
well, finnish of course, it's beautiful language, but i don't have any chance to learn it here, no courses of finnish are available in my city...
#102 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Silvering, de rien! Smile

To tell the truth, it's great when you know several languages well enough to spread your mind into unknown spheres. You can really sense that you think different. When I experienced that feeling for the first time, thanking to Frank Herbert’s ‘Dune’, it was… I don’t know… cannot find an appropriate word. Terrific, grand, and – marvellous:

“My awareness goes beyond my own comprehension... to speak, to think in another language, and be almost freed from its power... to see the vague, misty vapour of images, determinations, things and then - just then formulate thoughts. going down a stair, a level. How surpassing is the power we can manage to fully understanding each other... even the other creatures! Something cosmic, from a child's [baby's] soul, not kept in memory until these days of new knowledge, a lesson of linguistics, melted with other subsciences, for me and my inner scenery, terrain.”

And I’ve got excellent news for you! ( The ending words remind me of pronouncing english texts in the 1st form… %) )

EuroEnglish

The European Union commissioners have announced that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for European communications, rather than German, which was the other possibility. As part of negotiations, her Majesty Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a five-year phased plan for what will be known as EuroEnglish (Euro for short).
In the first year, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly, sivil servants will reseive this news with joy. Also, the hard "c" will be replased with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but typewriters kan have one less letter.
There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replased by "f'. This will make words like "fotograf' 20 per sent shorter.
In the third year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters, which have always been a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the languag is disgraful, and they would go.
By the forth year, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v". During ze fifz year ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters.
After zis fifz year, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trobls or difikultis and evrivum vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer. Ze drem vil finali kum tru
#103 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Sylphe, what a great piece of fun!

I remember, my English teacher once wrote on the board a list of different films, and there was "War and Piece". Very Happy
#104 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Don't listen to the siren писал(а):
Sylphe, what a great piece of fun!

I remember, my English teacher once wrote on the board a list of different films, and there was "War and Piece". Very Happy

Very Happy i remember once my teacher in school wrote "Summer Vacations on the Miami bitch" Very Happy that was funny Very Happy
#105 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Oh, French is the most beautiful language for me. I Cannot speak on this, but i love it's sound......
And, maybe, language in Uzbekistan is very very beautiful.
One man said me that
Kazakhstan's language is like Deutch
Kyrgyzstan's language is like English
Uzbekistan's language is like French
(by beauty of sound)
#106 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Oh, I adore languages! Foreign or not, I love them and I also like learning something from each. Very Happy

I'm a native Romanian speaker, but I also know English, French and Spanish. I understand about 75% of Portuguese and 5% of Finnish, hehe (those 5 percents being made up by the days of the week, the months of the year, different greetings, how to count, conjugate a few verbs and some customary words; oh, and also the pronunciation and accents Cool ).

Beside these, I know 2-3-4 words in: Hungarian, Czech, Japanese, German, Russian and... that's all. Very Happy Laughing 3
#107 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Suomi_Rocks, Welcome, feel at home. Wink2
#108 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Suomi_Rocks, hello Smile Welcome to our forum and nightcom-family Wink
#110 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
I write here just for fun and for practice. I love my native language so much that I can't imagine myself living somewhere else and speaking foreign language. Russian is the most beautiful, strong and rich language, IMHO. Yeah, you can call me a nationalist but my language is my pride, really. Maybe I'm a prisoner, a slave of this frames, but that's my choise, I can't change it and don't want it to change. Smile I'm in love with Russian language, it is my life, it is my poetry.
Besides Russian I know only English - as bad as you can see. Very Happy I have abilities to study languages, but the time for this is missed. I love to listen to songs in English: sometimes the same simple words sounds ugly or funny in Russian but beautiful in English - just because of its sipmplicity. But singing it... Oh, my awful pronounce!!! I'd better speak Finnish (by the way, sometimes when nobody can hear me I sing Kuolema Tekee Taiteilijan and my accent as I think sounds better than Anette's).
I'd like to study Deutch - don't know why, I even don't think it's beautiful... Spanish is rather beautiful but too simple for me, it's a language for chat, not for poetry, literature... And what about French... Sorry, but I can't stand listening it! This is the worst language for me and I will never be able to love it. It's so strange, so different for me.
Also Ukranian is beautiful one. Sometimes it sounds funny for Russian man, but it is maybe more melodic than my language.
#111 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Sacramenti, french is one of the hardest to understand at listening, it's true Shy

Добавлено спустя 10 минут 50 секунд:

About Russian - it is the language with which you can express the most versatile emotions, and also because of its richness, you can also express FACTS very precisely. But on the other hand it has limited capability to express some "abstractions" and "images", that is where for example Japanese is ahead of us.

And they allso have a strategic advantage against a World Government ( Very Happy ) - their language cant be translated via Google Translator. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'd say in intuitive-emotional aspect our language is out of rivalries, in concrete-logical aspect it's close to it too, but in intuitive-logical aspect - you can run out of words. I sometimes do, when I think of some Unrevealed F***** S*** and can't express it precisely enough. I can only say "AAAAAArgh! I've seen a U.F.S.!!! It comes and eats us all!!!" shok Very Happy or try to explain it on fingers, then no one will understand how Unknown and Dangerous it is. Sad Very Happy
#112 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
It is interesting that Russian people usually say that only Russian language can express countless varieties of emotions and feelings. But the point is that we just don't know all the minutest details of how other nations express their emotions in their language. Language is strongly connected with the way how people perceive the world around them (in Russian it is called "картина мира" but unfortunately I don't know the English equivalent). And these ways are very different.
So I would never say that one language is more expressive that the other. It is too complicated thing to judge.
#113 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
It's only at the state of hypothesis now Smile

When I know more of all over the world, I'll be able to verify whether it's true Very Happy
#114 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Sacramenti писал(а):
I'd like to study Deutch

I mean German. Very Happy Always make this mistake.

Usha, maybe you're right but what about russian classical writers who mentioned that Russian is the best language for expression of emotions and feelings? Smile And also there are many discriptions of languages so we can judge them even not studing them...
#115 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
My favorite language is Russian, of course, but I like English and Latin, which I've recently started to learn , no less than my mother tongue. Russian is more beautiful, it matches for poetry and some speeches, but English as well as Latin can be used more economically and more effective in serious deals. But a talented poet high-experienced in linguistics can write in any language equally well. For example, Anna-Varney from Sopor Aeternus writes really nice lyrics in English, though it is not her mother tongue. This also can be said about Tuomas, lovely and adored Tuomas, whose songs sometimes make me cry, which nothing else can do.
That's my opinion about languages.
#116 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Etiainen писал(а):

Kazakhstan's language is like Deutch

It's the biggest mistake! It doesn't sound like German AT ALL. I know Very Happy
#117 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
I hate, I flicking HATE French. does anyone really have to put three or four more letters in a word when he's not even reading them?
#118 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Hi to all! This is my first posting here and not connected with Nightwish. Anyway, I would like to say what I think about foreign languages. Of course, I'm fond of and proud of Russian language. But I very like English too. In my view it's a pretty good language for poetry (I even have a little poem in it ))). And I very like some words to sound in English, for instance, silence, oblivion, sacrament and so on. I study English about 12 years, but only last 2-3 years made me understand that I need to know English as my main forein language.
But now I'm also interested in Finnish. I know "suomen aakkoset" and few words. But one must study grammar. So, is there someone who knows Finnish? (I have some questions about how to study Finnish).
Smile
#119 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Hello, silent soul Smile welcome to Nightcom!)

oh, foreign languages are my hobby as well as my profession. Actually, that's why I've made up my mind to become an interpreter. I do like Russian but consider it rather... mmm, maybe, elaborate. Or sophisticated. Sometimes it's incredibly beautiful, and, as a native Russian, i realize that i won't be able to feel and understand any other language. But at the same time i adore English poetry and novels, the sound of the German language and its grammar. Moreover, i like the fact that a foreign language is always a mistery, a greatest field to study and learn more and more and more)) I used to have an ambition of learning at least four languages, but now i understand how difficult it is. Hope to improve my German at least Заткнулся
#120 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Hi everyone!
This is my first post here too, and i want to say that this is a very interesting thread. My favorite foreign language is English. Of course after Russian, cause Russian is my native language. I very like to read english text and listen songs, this is very beautiful language. Well, exept this i know Ukrainian lang, because i live in Ukrain, but actually i don't very like it =\ Don't know why, though this lang has second place in the world's languages of beauty after Italiano, if i remember correctly.
And i have a little problem with english. I study it in school over 9 years and in college 3 years(now, i study it only via internet), i can understand almost everything when i read English text, but when i translate from Russian to English, i have difficulty. You can see this when you reading my post - there are a lot of mistakes, i think Very Happy
I study in school German lang 4 years, but forget it because i was going to the college where i taught English only :(
Now, i'm trying to learn Finnish, cause it's one of my favorite language. So beautiful, but very very hard.
Smile
Форум / Offtopic / Beauty of language
Загрузка...
Быстрый вход: