Текущее время: понедельник, 20 мая 2024, 03:39
Пользователи, которые читают эту тему: 1 гость
Новая тема Ответить
#1121 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
^_^ спасибо за перевод!
#1122 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
MrsHeveinSmith, Bama, Спасибо! Огромный труд! Молодцы!!))

Оффтоп:
Bama, ты когда успела??? Surprised
#1123 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Свежий выпуск известного финского журнала Me с Марко на обложке доступен тут http://epaperi.luovia.fi/077fcce88e4bdd8ef156600a3d0ba093/ листайте на страницу 10 Wink фотки в статье просто офигенные)))
#1124 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
ShadowWolfSmith, спасибо! ^^ Фотки и правда офигенные. что это он держит в руке? Rolleyes#2 Кушанье какое-то, что-ли?)))
#1125 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Mielikki, это kalakukko)традиционное для Саво и Карелии в целом блюдо)рыбный пирог)рыба в хлебе если точнее)
#1126 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Очень красивое кольцо на 12 странице))) С волком.
А фотки забавные. Начила читать статью. Даже если выложат перевод, буду читать там. Это займёт на пару недель дольше, но зато сама)))
#1127 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
ShadowWolfSmith писал(а):
Mielikki, это kalakukko)традиционное для Саво и Карелии в целом блюдо)рыбный пирог)рыба в хлебе если точнее)

Мама говорила - очень вкусная штука, она у знакомых пробовалаSmile)
#1128 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=o9Lv-Z4zrwo
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qj48UVT5bkQ - интервью с Марко, 19.02.2010

перевод:

It’s Nivala, Elina and Marco Hietala in Voice Heräämö. Good morning, Marco.
- Good morning.

Our guest is the man with bifurcated beard. He’s known by Tarot and Nightwish and right now by Kuorosota which started two weeks ago.
- Yeah.

Marco, a few days ago tabloids wrote that when the Kuopio choir was going home, they were drunk and behaved badly. What exactly happened? Did the newspapers make it look bigger than it actually was or were the people too drunk on the bus?
- My answer would be so foreseeable that I'm not sure if saying it would be interesting to hear.

Was it like people having fun at the rear of the bus and nerds complaining at the front of the bus because they couldn’t join the party?
- Well, it may have been something like that, but I don’t want to comment this more. I think that they have made a mountain out of a molehill. Besides, the Joensuu and Kuopio choirs had already requested the production team to provide separate buses for the choirs. So, one choir acted and the other made it public. And the result is what both choirs wanted: separate buses in the future.

You told us that a headline surprised you on the Monday morning. What happened?
- I don’t want to comment it more. They’ve just taken a sentence out of its context.

I meant the story you told us before this broadcast.
- Oh, that was a funny thing. The journalists had already called me on Monday (and asked what happened in the bus) when we had rehearsals and filmed some inserts for the television show. So I was in a hotel in Kuopio and went outside to smoke. I looked through the frosted window and saw tabloid headlines. I couldn’t decipher the pictures, but I was able to read the large text “Mikko replaces Marco”. I was thinking “what the hell”. I butted the cigarette and went inside to find out what it’s all about: wrong guys!

So, the headline meant Marco Bjurström. You both just happen to spell your name with C. Which Mikko did you expect to replace you? What did you feel before realizing the truth?
- I was unsettled. I didn’t have time to think anything, because I realized so quickly that the headline isn’t about me. The same name but a different guy.

How will the Kuopio choir travel in the bus in the future? Will they just sit quietly and read the Bible?
- Yes, I’ve recommended them to do so.

(After the commercial break)
Marco Hietala from Nightwish, now known by Kuorosota. Kuorosota-Marco.
- Okay, you can call me that for now.

Or how about Kuorosota-Stir-Beard-Doublebeard-Marco or Kuopio-Marco?
- Everyone can choose the nickname they like the most, or the nickname they hate the most.

Nightwish’s album Dark Passion Play has sold five times platinum in Finland. You’ve been quiet lately, but you made a surprising cover song at the end of the last year.
- Yeah, it was the Jaakko Teppo tribute. I have to say that I and the other guys of the band are his big fans and when we were asked if we would like to participate in the tribute album, we told that “of course”. The Nightwish guys are from Savonia and Karelia, and Jaakko Teppo is from the same area. We all are born in a country village. So I like this gothic romantic tragedy.

And you made it even darker than the original.
- Yes we did.

Yesterday we had another musician as our guest: Mr. Ylppö. You’ve worked in the same studio, but not in the same room. Mr. Ylppö left you his greetings: “I wish you success and good luck. It’s not very “rock” to be in a choir show, but you are otherwise so “rock” that I will forgive you.”
- *Laughs*. Thank you, Ylppö.

The Voice Heräämö is on a vacation next week, but after the vacation we’ll have Kuorosota-Sebu as our guest, Kuorosota-Stir-Sebu. What kind of greetings do you want to leave to this young nice guy?
- Sebu has been a relaxed and talkative guy when I’ve met him on the backstage and other places during the television show. He’s a good guy, good singer. "I wish you all the best and hope that you can suck your cheeks even more inward."

Mr. Ylppö said that it isn’t very “rock” to participate in a choir program. Did you have to think hard before accepting the offer?
- I didn’t think whether it’s “rock” or not. I thought that it’s a challenge I’ve never before had a change to try. Like I’ve said earlier, anything in which you have a change to try something new and beat your limits will improve your live performance skills and may be useful in the future. Besides, every choir is doing this for a good purpose, because the prize money won’t go to your own pocket but to charity. Therefore it’s nice to be a part of this even if we were the first choir to drop. This entertainment will do something good anyway.

Have the Nightwish members or other artists twitted on you because you participate in this program?
- No they haven’t, but I called to Jukka Nevalainen yesterday, in order to talk about my music projects, and I told him that since he lives in Joensuu maybe I should pretend a drunken bastard.

Marco Hietala, you told that you always want to try something new. You’re known by your blond bifurcated beard.
- Yes, it’s an old beard.

You’re known by your beard, but when are you going to shave it? Can you think of any situation in which you would shave your beard?
- Yes I can, because I’ve got tired in maintaining it.

How much does it require maintaining?
- I used to shave the centre, but it required a lot of work in order to do it well. I’ve asked my wife if I could shave the whole beard, but she didn’t accept it and I have to obey her.

During long tours with Nightwish you won’t be at home for a long time. What does your wife and twin sons think about it?
- They aren’t happy about it. The boys are spontaneous and will manage when I’m away, but when I come back I see that they have missed me. And sometimes when I’m on the road and talk to them through Skype, they will say things like “I wish you were home”. The situation may be harder for my wife. The kids are persistent and live in the moment. But when I’m away, I’m working and we’ll live by the money I make. And it’s not a new thing that a man travels because of work. Sailors have done this already thousands of years ago.

Do you have some special means to compensate the lost time?
- Well, when I’m home it means that I don’t have to work hard at that time. So when I’m home I’m present. Of course, I will have side projects while Nightwish is on the break, but when I have free time, I will be home with my family.

You’re now in Helsinki, but when are you going back to Kuopio?
- The next time I’ll go to Kuopio on Monday. So, we’ll have the live performance on television in the weekend and the rehearsals continue on Monday, unless we drop this week.

We’ll see that on Sunday. Thank you for your visit, Marco Hietala.
- Okay, thank you too.

Please give our regards to your wife.
- I will.

(c) Niko
#1129 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
MrsHeveinSmith писал(а):
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=o9Lv-Z4zrwo
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qj48UVT5bkQ - интервью с Марко, 19.02.2010

с ссылками что-то не то Confused
#1130 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Enkeli, Par I , Part II
#1131 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Здесь http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e246/susitar/Nightwish/Lehtijuttuja/Lehdet%2034/ добавлено очень много свежих(и не очень) сканов)в основном связанно всё с Марко,но есть и старые сканы Саунди от 2004 года с Туо)приятного просмотра)
#1132 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Какие, однако, у Марко парни растут! Very Happy
#1133 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Marjaviini писал(а):
Какие, однако, у Марко парни растут!

В папу! Very Happy
#1134 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Интервью с Марко из популярной финской программы "Доброе утро, Финляндия" http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=34354 ждём перевод)

З.Ы. кстати там классные кадры с концерта в Кайсаниеми Cheesy Рулез

упд от Шпоглика: а вот и на ютубе: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfa5-7n4aNo&feature=sub Smile
#1135 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
а вот и перевод Smile благодарим, как всегда, товарища Niko с официального форума Smile

Good morning. Our guest is a man who tours over the world so often that it's a wonder that he had time to come to our studio. He tours with Nightwish, he tours with Tarot, but now he's here. Marco Hietala, good morning.
- Good morning.

Sometimes you are called Finland’s most charming heavy metal musician. Do you like the title and how did you get it?
- I’ve no idea how I got it, but it’s a flattering title.

Heavy metal musicians aren't usually called charming, but it describes you well.
- OK. I accept the title.

Nightwish isn't touring right now. How long does the break last?
- It'll last long. We'll start rehearsing the new songs at the end of summer. After that, we'll start recording the album and so on. Since Nightwish is a world-class band, everything has to be planned carefully, so the making the album will take a long time. At the earliest, we'll start the next tour at the end of 2011.

Let's watch a video clip from your latest tour.
(Dead to the World)

You're getting a new "band member". Anette is pregnant.
- Yes. I've heard the news.

The new baby will probably "sing" in a very high and loud voice.
- It's true. I can tell by experience that really young people have sometimes even a creeping voice.

Nightwish is on a break, but you're not going to stay put. You've decided to go touring with another band. So, Tarot will go touring.
- Yes. Nightwish’s latest tour ended in September and at that point Tarot had already some demos ready. And we were able to finalize the songs and lyrics very quickly. Then we recorded the album and now it's on sale. So, why not start touring.

The tour starts in March 31, 2010.
- Yes.

You'll play in Moscow (in April 24, 2010) and in autumn you'll go to United States.
- That's true too. The US concert was a bit funny deal, because they contacted us in August 2009, before we even had the new songs ready. There are fans that have put pressure on promoters for years in order to see Tarot and now the promoters invited us. They wanted to publish the deal one year before the concert by announcing in the festival that Tarot will come next year. Apparently they trust us a lot, because the album wasn't ready before now.

What's the difference between Nightwish's audience and Tarot's audience when you look at them from the stage?
- Quite many fans are the same in both concerts, but generally the Tarot audience has more hair and more weight. Nightwish is a band that has all kinds of fans including young children, middle-aged mothers and grandmothers. So sometimes there are three generations from the same family watching the concert. That isn't very common in Tarot's audience, because Tarot is considered to be a pure hard rock band.

Nightwish is amazingly popular. Dark Passion Play has sold over 150,000 copies in Finland. And when you consider that generally the record sales are dropping, that's an enormous amount.
- It's definitely an enormous amount. It makes me feel very lucky and privileged that I’m part of the group that can affect to so many people solely in Finland, not to mention the rest of the world.

It makes you sort of opinion leaders.
- In a way, yes. Maybe someone could think that I should pay attention to what I say, but usually I don't, because I consider myself a fair-minded person, so I dare to say what I think.

Apparently you don't worry too much about your street credibility either, because some heavy metal fans think that Kuorosota is commercial nonsense. But you do what you want to do.
- Exactly. I think that purists - both in music, religion and politics - are scum. I don't accept being in the chains of certain genre/imago. I'll escape.

So you don't think about your street credibility?
- No I don't.

You tour a lot, but you're also a father of young twin sons who look amazingly similar to you, because they have a long hair too. So there is a new generation growing. How do you combine the family life and touring with two popular bands?
- Sometimes well, sometimes a bit worse. We miss each other often, especially during long tours, for example, if we are touring five weeks in a row. It makes me think and I know that sometimes the boys are suffering because of it, although kids are persistent. Fortunately there are some good aids nowadays. I have a laptop and I can contact the boys through Skype from almost any hotel. So I see their faces and can ask what kind of day they had in school etc.

What happens when the father comes home?
- Usually I sit on the couch and the boys give a lot of hugs and celebrate.

And you will catch the time you were apart.
- A bit, but we won't organize any particular quality time. The most important thing is that I'm able to be present and talk with them and play some games with them.

That sounds nice. Let's listen to new Tarot material in the end, and have a nice tour.
- Thank you.

(c) Niko
#1136 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Шпоглик_Смит писал(а):
There are fans that have put pressure on promoters for years in order to see Tarot and now the promoters invited us.

Молодцы какие Smile
Спасибо за перевод, интересное интервью.
#1137 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Да, когда они строчками из песен друг с другом стали разговаривать это было дооо....
#1138 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
http://epaperi.luovia.fi/077fcce88e4bdd8ef156600a3d0ba093/?p=10

перевод интервью Марко с калакуккой Smile

Sly Savonian

The heavy metal icon Marco Hietala has a humorous attitude to Kuorosota and life in general. He keeps his feet on the ground and mattresses against the wall.

At first there was Neil Armstrong and Apollo 11. The merits were undeniable. Young science fiction fan Marco Hietala was fascinated by the moonwalk and the whole miraculous trip to the Moon. On the fourth class the astronaut lost his place. The youngest child of the teacher couple from Tervo was listening to radio with his big brother Sakari, heard Rainbow’s Kill the King and was sold.
- The music was loud. It seemed to be reaching higher than the Moon - to a fantasy world, Hietala explains.

The vocalist Ronnie James Dio looked like a goblin and sung about flying like a wind. At the same time Hietala was swinging in the playground swing at an infernal speed. He screamed “kill the king” and the neighbors wondered what’s going on.
- Then I started to grow long hair, chuckles the bassist/vocalist of Nightwish.

A rebel with a twisted humor

It’s a cold winter day, one week to the beginning of the Kuorosota shootings. Hietala, who classifies himself as a kind dictator, improvises devilish expressions in a photo studio in Helsinki. When the name of Kuopio’s choirmaster was revealed in autumn, heavy metal purists got upset. But it was just dry kindling for the sly Savonian.
- I participated the Dingo tribute album for the same reason. Self irony has always been part of Savonian wickedness and humor, he says and takes a devilish expression holding a kalakukko (look at the picture on page 14).

On the other hand, the breakaways of the icon are his way to rebel against the expectations that a heavy metal artist should be tough. He is a 44 years old father, so shouldn’t he be allowed to be sometimes something else than a Viking soldier who plays symphonic metal.
- Heavy acts are always done with a serious face, just like good comedians do their acts. It’s up to the listener to decide which part of the show is humor. Sometimes I don’t even know myself.

The end of mammoth tours

In the morning Hietala recorded vocals for the new Tarot album at home in Kerava. When the 8 years old twin sons went to school, the father attenuated the walls of his work room by mattresses and began to roar. Now he has time for his own projects and also time for enjoying the ordinary things. When Nightwish was on the Dark Passion Play mammoth tour, he had to rely on Skype calls in order to be in contact with his wife and kids.
- I will never again go to as long a tour, he tells when we are walking to the nearby restaurant.
- When a family member or I had a weak moment, we couldn’t talk about it face to face. Anything could happen to my family when I’m 8000 kilometers away. It makes me feel very helpless.

One way to catch up the lost time is to offer the family special experiences, such as a trip to the Disney World in Florida. But Hietala compares trips like that to Yngwie Malmsteen’s guitar solos. It’s more important to have the basic comp (ordinary life) in condition, because you’re going to spend most of your life with that.
- The base must be in condition. If you can enjoy that, you’ll be fine. Then you can have some solos once in a while.

Compared to the Nightwish and Kuorosota communities, the family is a unit that doesn’t try to achieve something all the time. It’s comforting to a person whose work is dependant on popularity.
- That’s what the family life is about: we just spend time together. We can play, for example, Mario Party all together, he says smiling.
- Or my wife and I can drink coffee in HopLop (an amusement park) while the kids play together.

His persistence was rewarded

Hietala looks through the window of the Italian restaurant.
- Here I spent my bachelor years at 1990s, he tells and chooses pasta from the menu, a logical choice from the person who has been raised in a village that is known by its salmons.

At that point he didn’t have much money. Although he founded Tarot with his brother in the beginning of 1980s and the band made albums and had concerts, he couldn’t live by those incomes only. Hietala acquired an education to become a sound technician. He worked as a producer and made radio commercials.
- I have a persistent character, but at the dawn of the new millennium I was about to give up.

Hietala was 35 years old and wondered if he could ever fulfill his rock dream. He can’t be blamed for not trying enough. He had defined a clear goal more than 20 years ago in the youth club in Tervo.
- As soon as I was able to sing in tune I was certain that this is what I want to do. I have always thought that if you’re good at something, you can’t be knocked down forever.

His persistence was rewarded. In 2001 Hietala received the phone call that was the turning point of his life. He didn’t have to think twice.

You can afford to be open-minded

In the native home of the rock star, the family listened to jazz and classical music. Especially classical music has had an important effect to Hietala’s taste of music, because the dramatic pomposity and recycling the classical themes are the base pillars of symphonic metal. The parents never underestimated Marco’s and Sakari’s enthusiasm over heavy metal.
- They have respected our spark and rocky road. They’ve let us bang our heads against the wall, says Hietala.

Three years older Sakari is the more swashbuckling one of the brothers. Marco is calmer and tends to speculate. It doesn’t mean that he would mourn endlessly, but he thinks how to have a good life.
- You can afford to be open-minded, that’s the key. And it’s important to listen, to pay attention to right things. This applies to everything, he says.

On the Nightwish tours all kinds of setbacks are common, such as problems with customs or delays of the flights. It’s important to have a good chemistry and an ability to clear the air.
- Some members of the group tend to ponder the problems alone. It’s my role to either start the conversation, like I did in the Tarja case, or make humor out of the situation. It’s difficult to overestimate the relieving effect of imaginative tricks during the tour.

Savonian breakaway

In Kuorosota, being a Savonian means wicked humor and surprises. As an experienced performer, Hietala keeps the spirit of his “regiment” high. He emphasizes to the choir that it is their show. He has been already enough in media.
- It’s important to create a positive vicious circle. For that short period of time the stage is ours: we have nothing to lose. Worrying too much about a failure can have a paralyzing effect.

Unlike a stereotypical Savonian, Hietala seems to be free-spoken. But sometimes also he will think carefully before opening his mouth. Traditional Savonian way to speak indirectly can be useful in certain negotiations.
- When you’re negotiating about a recording contract or asking your wife’s permission to have a sauna evening with your friends, the way you present your request will affect to the result, he says smiling.

When I ask about his future dreams, his thoughts go to a summer day by a lake. He sees himself sitting in the patio of a cottage, having a long gray hair and playing guitar.
- I’m playing guitar, singing and looking around. The boys are around me with their families and barbeque sausage. That’s a vision I’d like to see in the future.

Marco Tapani Hietala
Family: 8 years old twin sons and a wife
Native town: Tervo, Northern Savonia
Place of residence: Kerava
Motto: Live and let live
Hobbies: Sci-fi, fantasy and horrow books and movies, and videogames such as Dragon Age
Favorite albums: Rainbow: Long Live Rock’n’Roll, Black Sabbath: Heaven and Hell, Judas Priest: Painkiller
The worst nightmare: Something bad would happen to my family when I´m away, and couldn´t do anything
Favorite food: sausage
Favorite book: The Lord of the Rings
Favorite movie: The Star Wars trilogy

The kalakukko picture includes the following caption:
- In foreign countries some fans shake or cry when they ask an autograph. In a way it’s nice, but it also feels strange. I want to keep my feet firmly on the ground, says the Savonian Marco Hietala.

(c) Niko
#1139 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
и вдогонку перевод радио-интервью с Марко, прошлая неделя Smile
http://areena.yle.fi/audio/818717

YleX Aamu, Matti and Tom. Welcome, Marco Hietala.
- Thank you.

How are you?
- I’m fine. I’ve drunk my morning coffee and tea and I’m full of power for the new day.

So it’s a regular Thursday. Somehow “full of power for the new day” didn’t sound very convincing.
- I am full of power for the new day. I’m more a morning person than an evening person.

You must have a busy week, because your choir is among the best three choirs in Kuorosota, Tarot released a new album yesterday and whatever else. How do you have enough time for all this?
- Fortunately our manager has organized the interview times well, so I’ll have several interviews today. I don’t have to participate actively to the releasing of the new album. I’ve already done my part. So it’s up to distributors to make sure that the album will be available in time. Of course I hope that it will be successful, because I’m proud of it.

I’m not sure if you’re nervous, but you must be at least interested to know how it sells.
- Of course I’m interested. I’m not nervous, well maybe a bit, but I’m quite confident because the material is so good that it would make sense that it sold well, although this business has nothing to do with sense. But at least I hope that it will sell well.

Let’s talk about Kuorosota which will probably employ you the most at this time. Your choir has performed two rock songs, Paradise City and We Are the Champions, but you have also had two completely different songs, Tsingis Khan and Madonna’s Like a Virgin. How do you decide which songs to perform?
- We decided to start with songs that are something that people expected us to perform, although Paradise City included a Savonian verse which I wrote myself and I’m proud of it. It probably made people guess that we’ll do something crazy in the future. Like a Virgin and Tsingis Khan were chosen in order to break people’s prejudice. Besides, “Tsingis” is an excellent song anyway.

It’s a great song indeed and it has heavy screams: Hu, Ha!
- Oh yeah.

Have you enjoyed making Kuorosota? How do you feel? How would you describe the competition at this point?
- Making Kuorosota has been quite tough and time consuming, but very funny. The people, both the artists and the choirs, have an excellent community spirit even over the boundaries, so it isn’t really a war (Kuorosota = Choir War). I’ve always felt sorry for the people who have dropped. The atmosphere is excellent. My choir is an interesting group of colorful persons. We have a good chemistry and the people are fully committed and ready to break prejudice. So, I’m really satisfied to them.

In the next episode your twin sons will be singing. Is the father excited?
- I’m more excited than before any other episode.

How many lollipops did you have to offer them to make them accept your invitation? Or were they pleased when you asked them to be the guest singers?
- The song has been their favorite ever since they heard it for the first time. They have performed it in a summer karaoke for the relatives and they have sung it at home with SingStar and so on. I decided to ask them if they would like to try stepping into their father’s shoes, because I thought that it would be an unforgettable experience for the little guys. Of course this decision has had certain questionable spillover effects, such as people asking me to take the boys with me to an interview. But I can tell it now in public that I will not give such interviews. This is a one-off. The boys are eight years old and the publicity and media are so oppressive that I’m not going to expose them more to that.

So, if everyone has the 15 minutes of fame, the boys are using three and half minutes now and the rest will be saved for later usage?
- Yes, if they want to enter this business later, I’m not going to stop them. In fact, I could give them advice how to avoid certain problems.

What kind of a choir background do you have?
- None.

Okay, so you had to start from scratch. Did you have any prejudice when you were asked to lead a choir?
- No I didn’t. I considered it as a challenge. Of course I understand well theoretical aspects of music, such as how to arrange different songs. I’ve had to arrange a lot of songs while making metal albums: “this voice goes there, that voice goes there, this continues until this part, this ends here and so on”. Now we’ll do the same in larger scale.

Have you enjoyed working with a larger group of people? Have you found new dimensions?
- Definitely yes. A band is a compact unit. In this one you have to take the father’s role. There are personal people in the choir and sometimes they are getting out of control, but everything gets back in order when it’s time to work. And I have to give a big credit to my assistant Sari who leads the weekly rehearsals. She has done the job very well and given new ideas to arrangements. Sometimes when I hear the results, I think that “wow”.

We’ve talked about Kuorosota and the next Sunday, but which songs is your choir performing this week? Which song will your boys sing?
- The boys will sing Uniklubi’s Huomenna. As I said, it has been their favorite song for a long time. And I agree that it is a good Finnish hard rock ballad. And since we released the Tarot album this week I asked the choir for understanding and mercy that I use them to promote my own material, so I and Tommi will sing in duet the song I Walk Forever, which is the first radio single of the new Tarot album.

Okay. Gravity of Light was released yesterday and we received it, but X-ryhmä (another show on the same radio channel) took it, so I haven’t had a chance to listen to it. Could you tell us what kind of an album it is? What kind of material does it contain?
- I see it as a natural continuum to the material we’ve made in 2000s. It has quite heavy modern sound, but you can hear our roots from 1970s heavy metal, because it’s a band album that has groove and certain harmony. So, it’s once again a mixture of the styles we’ve done before.

Tarot seems to be a band that is a compact group of friends. You have a long history together and one of the band members is your brother. What’s the difference between working with Nightwish and Tarot? Nightwish has been formed in a different way and it’s also an international band.
- Tarot members have been my best friends since 1980s, so when I’m in the studio with Tarot we’ll have direct communication that works even without words. When we try some new idea, it’s easy to just look at each other and see from the faces whether they like it or not. If something doesn’t work, someone just says that “maybe we should do it in another way” and the others say “yeah”. Therefore we can work fast.

How did the album making process go? Nightwish has been on a break since September and the Tarot album is already on sale. So, you made the album quickly.
- We made it quickly indeed, quicker than usually. Normally writing the lyrics, for example, takes a lot of time, but this time the lyrics came at an absurd rate. I had written some preliminary texts to my notebook before and it took just two or three weeks to finalize the lyrics. The song demos were ready within three months. We made the first demos in summer, although Nightwish was touring. Then we made two more songs. The NW tour ended in September and we made the last the new Tarot songs in the beginning of October. Then we had intensive rehearsals and after that we went to studio and recorded it.

Speaking of texts, when I looked at the song names, I noticed that if you combine them in a certain way, they’ll form a sentence. Is this intentional?
- No it isn’t, but when I was finalizing the album I realized that the song names form certain continuums. It’s a nice bonus and it may have something to do with the fact that I wrote all the lyrics and song names. Maybe it is some kind of a message from my subconscious, or maybe the message comes from the underworld, because this is a heavy metal album after all. The lyrics have certain continuum too.

I wrote a sentence using the song names and I’d like to know if you thought the same sentence. Mine is: “Caught in the deadlight, I walk forever calling down the rain. Hell knows: Satan is dead and gone. Rise, the pilot of all dreams and magic and technology.”
- Mine wasn’t that good. Could you write it down for me?

I think it’s short enough to be sent as an SMS, so we’ll send it to you. Marco Hietala, thank you for visiting us. You’ll be here again at 10 PM in Uuden musiikin löytöretket (Discovering New Music). Have you already selected the songs you want to be played on radio then?
- Yes I have.

(c) Niko
#1140 Ссылка на пост Добавлено:
Лера! Куда делся твой пост насчет ин-вью с Троем? Confused У меня вопросы есть, я в аську скинула.
Форум / Наш Nightwish / Интервью с группой, статьи о группе
Загрузка...
Быстрый вход: